Additional water intake helps your cat stay hydrated. This is helpful for the kidneys and for better overall health.
1. Feed your cat canned foods, canned foods gave more water in them than dry food, you should consider feeding your cats canned food regularly.
2. Provide lots of water throughout the house, especially if your house is multiple levels. This will make it more convenient for your cat to have access to water. Try putting one water bowl on each level of your home.
3. Like humans, cats don’t always like plain water, one way you could handle this is by mixing water into their canned food or even dry food. Cats will often consume additional water along with their meal.
4. Let the water flow – some cats would prefer drinking water from the faucet of your sink over water in a bowl. If this is the case you may want to invest in a small fountain made specifically for cats.
5. Keep your cats eating area and their bathroom area in different locations. Some owners put them in the same area for sake of convenience, but you may notice that many cats prefer them to be separate and be in a more appealing location.
In the end, keep in mind that if you notice your cat drinking more water than usual, this can be a reason for concern. Cats drinking an excessive amount of water may be linked to having diabetes, kidney disease, hyperthyroidism, and other illnesses.