NOTE: When cleaning and handling around the drain area, always wear gloves and wash hands thoroughly when finished.
Hydrotherapy: If instructed by doctor to perform hydrotherapy, please follow these steps.
1. Stand patient in sink or bath tub on a non-slip surface like a mat or small towel.
2. Using a hand held sprayer, gently run warm water over the affected area for 5-10 minutes.
3. Follow drain cleaning instructions.
4. Pat dry when finished.
Drain Cleaning: Follow these instructions a minimum of 2 times per day to keep the drain area clean.
1. Soak a clean cloth or cotton in warm water.
2. Use the wet cloth to clean around the drain. Be sure to clean the fur surrounding the area, the shaved area, the drain and suture sites.
3. When cleaning the drain carefully remove debris and drainage.
Soaking: If wound is on a foot or tail this technique may work better.
1. Put an inch or two of warm water in a zippered plastic bag.
2. Place injured extremity in bag, be sure wound is submerged.
3. Hold top of bag closed around foot or tail and soak for 5-10 minutes.
4. Pat dry.
PLEASE CALL WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS, OUR TECHNICIANS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU!